Education, Experience, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree (microbiology preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- technical knowledge of quality systems and food Safety; knowledge of relevant government regulations and certification criteria preferred.
- Interpretation of analytical results
- Two to four years experience working in the food industry and/or quality industry preferred
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) for human food Certification a plus.
- Safe Quality Food (SQF), Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) training a plus.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills; computer and statistical skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, TraceGains
- Experience in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), HACCP/Food Safety Plans, allergens, Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs); ISO, GFSI, FSMA
- Work well in cross functional teams (Procurement, Tech Services, R&D. plant quality, etc.)
- Minimal travel